The Best Material to Use for Shower Walls– Bathroom is a great place for revival and working out the creative stuff. It is the place where you surprisingly get the most innovative & creative ideas or you can bump into your best idea. Shower bathing has a great feeling which is no denying the fact that it makes us feel spa like and heavenly with small drops tinkling your body and face. It is refreshing but what about the walls which are showing remarks of water? It is awful and makes the mood off too.
The modern day renovation has brought some good revolution to the industry of good bathroom needs. The shower walls being an aspect, it is an important area as this area is most prone to water and dry throughout the year which makes it more important to take care. We never want you to slip and hurt yourself which could be scarier by hitting your face on the vanity or glass door. The leakage marks or water marks are never a good feeling to see. We present you the list of the best material to use for shower walls to prevent you from that awful feeling and the greasy slips.
Points To Consider While Buying A Shower Wall Tile | Characteristics Of A Good Material:
- It is water resistant or waterproof.
- It should be able to stand the test of time.
- It should not corrode easily & be stain free.
- It should be porous but not trap water leading to ugly water marks on the adjacent walls.
- Easy to clean.
- Easy on maintenance.
- Slip resistance free is a must.
List Of Top Materials Used For Shower Walls
Stone tiles are the best the best material to use for shower walls because of the following reasons-
- It is the most durable option.
- The appearance gets better with time.
- It adds an earthy aesthetic feel to the place.
- It has a timeless appeal.
- They are never out of fashion.
- Best to go with stone & pebble, slate or mosaic stone design.
- They are expensive on cost.
- It needs good labor work.
- Certain stone types can absorb dirt & stains.
- It can be slippery in touch sometimes.
Tiles are good options to the best material to use for shower walls due to following reasons:
- They are water resistance or waterproof.
- They are available in good styles and colors.
- They are easy to clean.
- They are easy on grout lines to clean.
- They are not expensive.
- They are exposed to watermarks easily.
- Needs cleaning on good basis,
- They tend to fall off easily.
The points to consider Vinyl tiles which make the best material to use for shower walls are as follows:
- They are attractive.
- High on practicality.
- They are safe and durable
- They are affordable and low on cost.
- They are easy to install & cut & glue.
- They are water resistant or waterproof.
- They are effective for giving a good look to the shower place.
- They are easy to clean.
- They are soft in nature which means a sharp object can easily gouge it.
- They have scratched easily.
- They are not easy on repair.
- With time they are prone to emit VOC”s into the air.
Porcelain & Ceramic Tiles:
Porcelain & Ceramic tiles have been largely used as the best material to use for shower walls since ages because of the following:
- They are strong.
- They are durable & high on maintenance.
- Available in multi-colors, hues & designs.
- They are stain resistant or water proof.
- They are easy to replace if tiles get chipped or cracked.
- Defects are hard to detect.
- They are easy on cleaning.
- They can be easily sterilized.
- They attract stains especially grout lines place which makes them difficult on cleaning.
- They are not easy to install.
- More prone to brittle breaking.
- They are a bit costly on installation.
Glasses are making the best material to use for shower walls because:
- They are very attractive to look.
- They are available in opaque, translucent & iridescent glass.
- They are available in multi-colors 7 styles.
- Easy to clean.
- It gives aesthetic appeal.
- They are bit costly
- They can be slippery in touch.
- They can fall off easily if not grouted properly.
Alternative Material for Shower Walls
Plastic Laminate Tile:
- It is best if you are trying remodeling of the shower place.
- It is durable.
- It is easy on cleaning.
- Easy to install which it the best material to use for shower walls.
- They are not available in many designs like vinyl or ceramics.
- They are prone to water infiltration.
- They can trap water easily if not taken proper care.
- They are waterproof.
- Easy to install and
- They are easy to install.
- Available in different finishes like aluminum and wood etc.
- Easy and cost effective on cleaning.
- They may look cheaper due to its plastic look.
- They are expensive.
- Prone to scratches and easy breakage.